Saturday, March 11

SATURDAY FILMING!

 Good day to all! The Oscars are tomorrow night, I took an SAT today, filmed, and have so much other homework to do, so without further ado, allow me to go make this blog short and sweet, for both yours and my benefit! 

Last night I had a great filming session with Blake and Oscar at the basketball courts, and today will be the last day of filming (hopefully)! Today, all I had to film were the hospital scenes and the NBA draft scenes. The NBA draft scenes I would film them in my family room, for a more realistic setting since Blake is a real person, as well as a basketball player. He lives a normal life and is affected by tragic events in the same way as all of us. 

I filmed the NBA draft scene simply by placing the camera at different angles (left, right, and in front of the TV), and putting actual footage of last year's NBA draft on TV so Blake could get in the mood and spirit for everything. I told him to just get up and celebrate when he wins and then show off the t-shirt I gave him to wear, which was a shirt promoting gun control in America. When viewers see this in the actual movie, it will be some foreshadowing of the events that will occur in the future. 

Blake in the bed with the camera on a tripod ready to film. 

Moving on, once this filming was wrapped up, Blake and I move upstairs to the guest room, specifically chosen because of its sterile identity. The room had a white bed, white walls, and white bed sheets, and just overall looked very clean and orderly, just as a typical hospital bed would look. The best thing was that I was able to get some hospital equipment like IVs and needles from my mom (who has them for her job) and I fake-inserted them into Blake to get a more realistic image. When I edit the film, I want to add a heart rate monitor sound effect. in the background. 

P.S. My dog wasn't actually in the shot, he just wanted to be in the picture!

Throughout the filming, I had Blake lay in bed and did different camera movements and shots ranging from the tripod zoomed in to his face, or the gimbal slowly panning to him laying in bed and waking up. Afterward, I recorded Blake from different angles of the tripod trying to get up and told him to struggle, so that the audience can really see how damaged and injured he is. Next up, I gave Blake some 2 LBS weights so that he could struggle to lift them and I once again recorded this from both the tripod and the gimbal with different motions to see what would look best in post-production. I really like the shots I got out of this, especially the one with the camera panning to him just trying to lift the weights. I also purposely left the window open so natural light can flow in, and the trees in the window would look realistic for a hospital room that has windows. Also, I gave Blake a white v-neck shirt to wear that would resemble an actual hospital patient's clothing. All the medical items used in the film were donated by my mom via her job. I did use the boom microphone or just the microphone mounted on the camera for all of this audio except when I used the gimbal because I will be implementing the audio from these scenes in the final production. 

So yeah that pretty much wraps up all the filming! I will be returning the equipment on Monday, but it was such a blast to use high-quality materials to make (what I know will be) an AMAZING film opening! Hopefully, it'll like win the Oscars someday or something. And thanks to Jim from Shortcuts TV for letting me use the equipment! 

Josh Burke. Expert Filmaker. Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!