Wednesday, March 22

3/22 Update - Highlight reel continued

 Today we are back to editing the film opening! 


My process of editing is a little unique to people, because well it's just something that has worked for me, but I don't know how well it works for others. I personally like to just base combine different clips, AND THEN go work into the details. So, that's exactly what I will be planning on doing. I'm more or less combining the clips, and next week I will be editing them. So this was my plan for today. I really wanted to finish the base edits of the NBA draft highlight scenes, so I watched some former NBA draft videos to get inspiration. 

This clip shows Giannis getting drafted and some highlights of his play, along with some commentary. I thought it would be best to do that, and since Riley hasn't been able to record her voiceover commentary for me yet, I will be doing my own little mock commentary just so that I know the right amount of time it will actually take. 

I started off with just the 3's from earlier and wanted to add all the different elements of basketball. It's widely been said that defense with games so next up I included clips of him playing defense as in getting steals or blocking the ball. Next up, I wanted to show his very talented skills that being his ball handling and movement, so I put videos of him dribbling and moving the ball around. Lastly, I included a shot of him getting off the bench and running and making a good shot. This whole idea is to number one show that he's not superhuman, and he is on the bench sometimes, but when he's given his moment to shine, he will make the most of it. A message to all viewers and something that will hopefully motivate others. 

Lastly, I wanted a way to connect all the clips. I thought that one of the best ways would be to include various clips of Blake celebrating after making some good shots and randomly placing them, or to place them where defense separates vs offense skills. I tried that out, but it didn't really look so clean, so instead, I wanted to use a motion graphics medium to connect them and to more or less stimulate the tv broadcast. I ended up getting a good one, and use it in the beginning and the end of the clip, and keep the clips of Blake celebrating. I figured the best way to transition would be through the commentator's voice. Here is what the clips look like now. I also do plan to add some music or sound effects to the background so my voice isn't in it and so it isn't so dry. 

Also, another way I wanted the clips to flow seamlessly (I got them from the NBA draft videos) was to intersect the videos of Blake getting drafted with the highlight reel. That way, when the highlight reel ends, we go back to seeing Blake celebrate being drafted, making the whole scenario easier for the audience to understand. 


While the video may seem a little dry and passionless, you have to understand that I can see the vision and how I want it to be, and right now I think it is at a great stage. I will continue to work on it more in the future!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!