Tuesday, March 14

3/14 Blog Update

 Well hello everyone! How are you all doing today?

Before I get into the blog, I did just want to put a quick PSA out there for everyone and let you know that starting with this blog post, my future posts will get a lot shorter in length, and not be as entertaining, BUT they will contain a lot more media. That is because I am transitioning from the whole research stage to the actual production process, where I will be spending a lot of time editing. This editing process will be long and hard, so I will spend most of my free time doing that instead of blog posts. Well, on to the last entertaining blog post! (Ha just kidding)


As you all know, I've fully completed my filming for the project, and now I must begin the editing process. Man, this is going to be crazy. Today, I have a plan though. As an editor, one of the worst parts of making a project is having to go through every single file and categorize it by what it is, and also get rid of unnecessary files. That is my whole plan for today. One of the reasons this is a very tedious process is that I am forced to watch every single piece of media, which is at least an hour of footage.

A little flash forward, and, I did it! I successfully went through all my footage and categorized it, as well as removed some unwanted videos. This is what my folders look like now: 


As you can see, I already rearranged my clips into two separate folders: one for the hospital scenes and one for the basketball shots. This will allow me to speed up my editing process, knowing which clips I take from where, and so on. 

When I click on basketball shots, this is what is seen now.


As you can see, all my clips are categorized and labeled by what they are, so when I actually start to edit and just want the videos of  Blake making 3-pointers, it'll be super easy to do. Here is how the clips look for my other day of filming. 

The same is done here, so if I wanted clips of Blake just from the NBA draft, I can easily find them. 

This process and plan for what I did today really may not seem important, but believe me, it's one of the most crucial processes to creating a good film opening, or just a project. This process will allow for future editing to be very efficient and smooth,. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!