Thursday, March 2

Interviews

 Hello, my great fan base! 


It is currently Thursday, March 2nd, and I am on the bus for a huge DECA field trip! For this field trip, I will be traveling to Orlando and campaigning for the Florida Executive Vice President position. Not that it would mean much to you, but I just wanted to point out that I had something else going on, so this week's blogs might be a little shorter than normal. Anyways, since I haven't started filming yet (as I clearly can't this weekend), I need to come up with different ideas of things to do. So, that brings me to a great idea today! Since Ivette Barger (another student on the bus with me) is in Aice Media Studies, I thought it would be great to talk to her and see how she likes my ideas. Additionally, Mr. Shust (a TV production fan), is also on this field trip, so I thought it'd be neat to get his ideas for advice. The overall goal of this is to really get some of my target audience's opinions on what I plan to implement. 

Who is Ivette Barger?


Ivette, also known as "Ivy," is an 11th grader at Cypress Bay high school. She has hobbies of musical theatre and is currently in the school production of Fame.  Additionally, she has a strong passion for her school's DECA chapter, where she is an executive officer. 

Interview Questions:

1. What do you think of when you first hear of sports genres?

To me, when I first hear of sports movies, I think of underdog movies. Movies such as The Blind Side and Rocky really come to mind. If you are planning to make a sports movie, you would be great at it considering your knowledge and love for sports. Oh, and also, it'd be super neat if you added, like I said before, an underdog against some like massive monster or something. Wait is that sports movies? No, that'd be more like a sci-fi movie. 

2. What are your favorite sports movies?

Honestly, as I said earlier my favorite sports movie is The Blind Side. I don't really even like sports that much, but the movie was just like so good because of the storyline and drama it showed. The fact that it wasn't 100% centered around a sport made it such an awesome movie, and tieing in sports was a nice touch from the directors. Also, I love how the movie has like different colors used to portray the different types of society. For when the big guy is visiting his neighborhood, the mis-en-scene is completely different, with lots of junk everywhere, chaos, and a darker like color filter. When the big guy is visiting his "parents" house, where he sleeps now, the colors are all so much brighter and lighter, giving the awesome impression that like something drastic changed from the two locations. 


3. Do you like the proposal I have pitched for you? (explained my storyline)

Actually like to be so honest with you Josh, I do like it. A lot. Ha, I really wasn't expecting to say that, but I think that your thing will come out great. And like you're doing it kinda like The Blind SIde in the way that like the whole movie isn't completely centered around the sport, and more about the characters, storyline and plot development. I don't know a ton about sports, but I do love dramas, and I think that like giving the audience the little preview of what will happen is a great idea. 

4. What would you change about my storyline?

Hmm. That's a good question. Honestly, although I do kinda get why you're including it, I might remove the whole gun-shooting idea. It can be a super sensitive topic for people that were seriously damaged or injured from it and this could cause some backlash for you in the future from like news stations, obviously if this was a real movie. I would instead do just like a normal ankle injury or something. Well, actually, that's kinda what everyone does, so that might not stand out at all. Hmmm. Maybe the shooting thing is a good idea, if it's what you really said it was for, but it would definitely cause some emotions to jump from your audience.

Thanks, Ivette for the interview!

Now, that interview was great, but it's only helpful if I actually answer the results and opinions she gave me. A lot of Ivy's answers were great in terms of the genre questions, which proves that I have the right target audience, that has the same preset ideas about certain genres. Having Ivy think of an underdog story immediately is great, showing great genre recognition. Although my movie doesn't include a ton of an underdog story, it still has a little bit. Also, Ivy wasn't really sure about the whole school shooting idea for the movie. And personally, I think that's awesome. The whole point of my including is is to make the audience uncomfortable, proving that this is a real issue and it most certainly needs to be addressed. So, from what I learned today, my ideas so far are great and work well with the target audience! Now, since I'm low on time, I'll see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!