Friday, March 3

Interviews Cont.

 Hello all, and I am back! 

Today is Friday, and it is competition day here at DECA states! Apart from my business competition, I am also campaigning and manning a promotions booth to convince voters to vote for me. Additionally, later tonight, I will have to give a speech and have a caucusing session with my opponents as well as all the voters. Anyways, enough about this stuff, we are here to continue my blog posts, and today I am here with Mr. Shust, to get an interview about my topic! Since I have very limited time, today's blog post will be mildly short.

Who is Mr. Shust? 

Mr. Shust, who prefers to keep his first name confidential for privacy reasons, is a recent graduate from Cooper City high school, and DECA alumni. He is a young sports fan, who loves to watch movies and help out the community whenever he can. For time's simplicity, I could only ask him two questions. I explained my film idea before the interview.

1. What are your thoughts on my idea? Elaborate on as much detail as possible

Well, honestly, I would just like to say that I am overjoyed to be speaking to the one and only Joshua Burke from Cypress Bay high school, and the future EVP (executive vice president) of Florida DECA. Anyways, back to your question Mr. Burke, I personally love the idea. I think that it's (school shootings) such a tragic issue that you guys have to deal with nowadays, and the thoughts and ideas to actually implement the dilemma into the movie will be a great way to spread the word. Coming from a huge marketing fan, it's truly a genius marketing move, and while you're not promoting a product or anything, you're absolutely trying to promote change. From whoever watches it being government officials, celebrities, or anyone, I know that if it were a real movie it would absolutely be able to lead you to the path to change that you want. Apart from the whole idea of bringing the issues of mass shootings into play, I love the idea of having a female reporter talk during the NBA draft. While it is a very small feature, it is something that will continue to defy society's constant stereotypes. I think that this idea combined with promoting government change is awesome, and will lead greatly to a resolution. Anyways, you asked me to elaborate on what I like, and being an Orlando Magic fan, I'm a little disappointed that Blake can't go to us, but I think that him as a basketball player and the movie being centered on him and his character development is AWESOME. 

2. What do you think is the best part of the film opening?

Hmm. This is tough. I would definitely say something along the lines of what I said for the previous question, but I don't really want to repeat myself so I'm going to think of something new and different. I think that from a tv production point of view, the story flow should be amazing, providing you film and edit this correctly. Also, the utilization of the black screens when you like can't actually film in a certain spot is awesome. It really shows some creative and out-of-the-box thinking. Also, if you do a black screen at the beginning of the film opening like while the announcer is talking about the pick, I think that'd be super neat. Best of luck, Josh, in this film opening project, and for your election tomorrow night! 
Displayed above is the sense the audience would hopefully feel by starting with a black screen. The audience would be so intrigued like they are watching the show but they don't know what it's about yet. 

Well, real quick, before I must go and attend to my other duties, I thought that interview was actually really good. To be honest, it's been a little hard to have high confidence during this whole process, considering I've like never done this before, but Mr. Shust really helped with that. I think that his idea about starting out with a black screen is a really neat idea and could bring the audience in and make them more intrigued than ever before the movie even actually starts. I'm so excited to continue this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!