Sunday, February 26

Beginning of shots/early storyboarding

 Hello there!


Yesterday was Saturday and I had a little break and some days to breathe which was GREAT, but now the time is ticking and it's really the moment to step this project up a notch. First of all, I talked to Blake and he is all down for shooting on the week of March 6-12. This might be a little behind other students, but it's one of the only times I can do it since I leave for a field trip on Wednesday and will be gone until Tuesday. The plan would be to film during that week, one or 2 days after school in the HOSA room or the nurse's office with hospital beds, and to film the other scenes on the weekend, or weekdays, depending on whichever is best. And so, today, I want to get started on these storyboards, and decide what shots I will be doing! I will be doing them on paper, and uploading an image here, and that will be all for my blog post for today!



My first storyboard above details the first half or so part of my film opening, beginning with the NBA draft scene and showing highlights of Blake playing. Some things not displayed are the shirt Blake will wear (anti-gun shirt) and the broad range of the highlight video Blake has. I'm not entirely sure what shots I will use for it, so I put down some sample shots that I thought would look great with it. I plan to have some copyright-free music going on in the background, while the commentator (Riley) talks about it. 

In this storyboard page, I have displayed what I really think will be the rest of the film's opening (because of time's sake). There is like 1 idea I had to put after this, being Blake getting used to moving his hands or walking, and I can work on that later this week. Otherwise, the rest of this storyboard is pretty accurate with what I want to do and accomplish for the film opening. It was great to plan everything out so that I'm a lot more prepared and won't waste time during the actual filming. I can just look at my storyboards and see what the next shot or clip is for me to do. I'm not a great artist (as you can probably tell), but for the most part, I have it in my head what I want the clips to look like, and it was a little hard to show it on paper. The highlight reel mentioned above would look something like Rocky's famous reel, or a scene from Hustle, shown below. 

This is a clip, and what I am taking SOME inspiration from, but nowhere near all, because my movie is nowhere near like the movie pictured above. 

Lastly, I just wanted to show my Instagram DM with shortcutstvshow, to see if they would let me borrow some film equipment to shoot this video. While good equipment is not necessary, it would make the video look a lot cooler than if it was shot on an I-phone, since I have more creative control over different aspects of the video. Just wanted to show the picture, letting you guys know I'm really on this and can't wait to start filming! Anyways, that's it for today! See you later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!