Thursday, March 16

3/16 Production Update: Really game planning what's going on

HELLO ALL, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? please comment and respond on this blog so I know everyone is good. Let's just get started though shall we? Lots of things to do and very little time. 

So, I just wanted to go out and be honest and say that when I planned for the filming, it wasn't THAT descriptive. But that was also good. When I created my storyboards and just general planning for shooting, I didn't necessarily plan out the specific shots I wanted to do that in-depth, because I wanted to do it while I was filming, knowing that I often think best and have the best reasons for the certain shots at the moment. And that's exactly what I did, AND looking back, most of the shots were great. This is an example of a great shot that I made up while filming. 


This shot was not originally planned, and I had never even thought of doing something like this, but at the moment, I thought it would be a great idea to have Blake go celebrate or to really show his emotions after a good basketball play. This way, Blake is becoming more humanistic to the audience, allowing them to relate to him in the sense that they also celebrate when they do something good they are proud of. While this shot is great, and it was a great idea to include it, it does mess up one major thing. Time. I have a strict time limit of 2 minutes, and the more random shots I do that really do add meaning to the story, may screw up the time, and overall mess up other clips I wanted to include. This blog posting is nothing less than me simply becoming aware of the consequences of my actions and stating that. It's also to help me plan for the future and acknowledge that there will be some time issues when I actually start to edit the film opening. I may have to cut certain shots I didn't want to cut. Who knows? 

Today I didn't really have a lot of time to begin editing, I am currently swamped with schoolwork from other classes and am prioritizing those at the current moment. However, I do believe that this posting was great in the sense that it helped me clear my head and understand the situation at hand with time and specific shots I made, and this will help make the editing process smoother since I know I can be a little stricter on what to include and what not to include for time's sake. 

Below is another example of a shot not originally planned for, but that I thought was a great idea to film. 
In this shot, Blake is in the hospital bed and pointing to his motivation, or why he is trying to keep going. (the dream to play in the NBA for his favorite team, the 76ers). 

And just to end well, and all on a smile for everyone, here are some bloopers from shooting!

Just kidding, I tried to upload it but Blogger said the file size was too big. Guess you'll have to wait and see it later!!!

until next time

Josh Burke
Executive Vice President Florida DECA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!