Saturday, March 18

3/18 Starts to Editing!

 GOOD DAY TO ALL! Today is a phenomenal day. Do you know why? Let's just say that my club application for the vegan club has been submitted! This is excellent news for all students at my high school because, with my submission to start a vegan club, I want to also help support the world and make a big change. Anyways, this is getting a little off-topic so let's get back to business! 

IT'S TIME TO START THE EDITS! 

It is kinda crazy I haven't even started editing and I only have a couple of weeks until the project is due. I have been very busy and underestimated the time and commitment this project would take to do. But, the important thing is that we live and we learn and I move on even better. The plan right now is to start some basic editing today, and then next week I will focus a little more on the CCR because that is a pretty important assignment to do.

Well, on to the edits!

To start off, I imported both folders of my videos into premiere pro so that it looks like this. 



Since I had a little bit of free time earlier today, I did add some other files in there. I added a motion graphics template for a sports broadcast that I can use for my NBA draft scene. It looks something like this. 

It may be a bit laggy because of the processing power my computer may be lacking. 

The other major file I uploaded into premiere pro was just some background NBA draft music that I will put when Blake's name is announced. By the way, in case you were wondering, I am sticking with the name Blake so that he is more relatable to the audience, as just an ordinary fellow. 

After I imported all the clips, I knew that I needed to start out my film opening with Blake getting drafted. I picked the best clip and uploaded it, followed by Blake's basketball highlights. Now, this is when I ran into some issues. I have so many clips of Blake doing good in basketball but I also had time constraints. The best way to move past this was to pick only the best shots, but also clip them and group them together. I want the commentator to be talking about Blake's best skills while those skills are being shown so I thought it would be neat to start with his 3-pointers first. I gathered all his best 3-pointer shots and put them together, into a more so collage of him hitting swishes. I then just combined these shots so it looks like this. 

 Before Blake shot the 3s I had a clip of Blake introducing himself and who he is like I typically see in NBA draft videos. The next step is for me to now create more highlight reels. I was going to start but it just seemed like such an overwhelming task I couldn't really do it today. I had too much other homework and exams to study for so I decided to push it off for another day.

Anyways, I have started to edit and have had some good progress. I will continue working on it later. And I do need to start really prioritizing this project because it is due soon. 

Thanks for reading everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!