Wednesday, February 22

Film Opening Planning

 Good afternoon everyone,


How is everyone doing on this fine day? 

Before I begin the actual planning of my film opening, I wanted to readdress one of the main goals I had planned to raise awareness of during my film: Mass shootings and, in particular, school shootings. I wanted to specifically address this by making my main character recover from a shooting, that seriously tore up his life. Just yesterday, on February 21st, my school was on lockdown for about 3 hours due to a suspicious object being found. The object ended up being ammunition for a shotgun, found in a garbage can, This finding raised mass panic among the students causing great fears of a possible shooter, or someone with the intent to kill given the ammunition. 

In my opinion, the worst part of the situation wasn't the bullets being found or the students being scared for their lives. It's the fact that most teachers weren't surprised, students weren't that surprised, and parents weren't shocked. Why weren't they surprised? Why weren't they extremely worried? Because this happens so often. These terrible events occur every month across America, so much to the point that it's become a common thing. My hope is that with my movie governments will put into place better measures in order to stop these terrible events from happening. Without getting political and describing what I think the government should actually do, I will simply state that I hope for change, and the government is the in the best position to enact it. These events just continue to reiterate why it's so important that this movie gets created (even though it won't). Anyways, moving on to the fun stuff! Today I'm going to go into more depth about how my film opening will actually work out. These will be the posts I will be doing today and tomorrow. 

As mentioned in the previous posts, my film opening storyline will consist of something like:

-Foreshadowing of Blake getting drafted by the NBA

-Back to the present time where Blake has been shot and is being transported to the hospital

-Blake wakes up in hospital sometime later


Within these ideas, I need to pick the best time to incorporate the title scenes and the credits. I think that the best time for the credits would be while Blake is getting drafted and celebrating, which is similar to how I've seen other sports movies place their credits. Even more of a priority, I will need a name for my movie, as well as fonts. I plan to accomplish these tasks after I've filmed and gotten into the production process. Now, I also must remember that this movie is going to have to take 2 minutes of screen time. For now, I need to think realistically of how that is going to happen.


Blake getting drafted by the NBA


I originally wanted to use some old videos of the NBA commissioner announcing the draft picks, and just replace the name with Blake's, but I am can't do that due to it not being my original content. Therefore, I have to be creative and think of other ways to show what I want to show. I was thinking about how players no longer have to attend in-person at the event and can just be sitting on their couch while getting drafted. I want to do this with Blake, and even more, I can add the tickers at the bottom that says "Blake getting drafted by..." This will make the whole draft experience a lot more realistic for the viewers without having to show the commissioner announcing the pick or the stage. Additionally, I wanted to show some highlights of Blake playing basketball, like what is often shown in today's NBA draft. Unlike today's draft, I don't plan on using college tape (since the actor doesn't have, and I have to use original content), so I want to instead go to a basketball court with Blake and some others, and record him absolutely going off, to make a great highlight reel. This way, I will be able to incorporate these clips seamlessly into the video. 

As we can see in the clip, the commissioner announces the pick, and right after that, there is a highlight reel shown with a commentator speaking about the player. I want to re-enact this except instead of the commissioner announcing the pick and the player going up on the stage, the player will be at home with family. Here is a clip for an example of how that would work. Also, SO EXCITED to do the commentary or see who would be good at making the commentary for the highlight reel. I'm currently thinking about having my friend Riley do it, and if she does it would be GREAT for the movie but also for the representation of women in sports, as there are a lot more men than women in sports positions such as the NBA. 

This video highlights how well it would work for me to do the draft scene at Blake's house. The clip is shown at 4:30. While Tua wasn't very happy in the clip, Blake will!

This is it for today, since I'm running out of time today, but will resume tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!