Sunday, March 5

Filming Preparations!

 Hello hello! 

I am super pleased to announce that I have won my campaign for Florida DECA Executive Vice President and that I am so exhausted from this weekend, but it doesn't matter because the grind doesn't stop! Today, I wanted to talk about some realistic filming. 

First of all, I have already reached out to Shortcuts and confirmed that I will borrow the equipment starting tomorrow afternoon and going until next Monday. That gives me a reasonably short amount of time to film, which means I will need to be very productive. 


Costume Design: Since I will probably be filming the hospital scenes first because of ease of access, I need to plan for what the costume design will be. I believe that When designing costumes for a hospital scene in a movie, it's important to keep in mind that the clothing worn by the characters should be realistic and appropriate for the setting. Some costumes that the patient should be wearing will be gowns, since patients in the hospital usually wear light-colored gowns that tie at the back, easily accessed for medical procedures. However, this might be a little difficult for me, since I'm not really planning to just use my wallet for this video, so I was thinking of just using a white shirt or light green colored shirt and letting him sit on his bed sheets in the hospital bed, eliminating the need for me to change his full outfit. Also, I plan to film mostly only him in the hospital room, so no nurse uniforms or dresses will be needed. Additionally, for the NBA draft scene, it would be ideal for players to dress up and wear tuxedos, etc. However, due to Blake's past, I want Blake to wear something that resembles anti-guns which should be pretty easy to find since I think I have something. 



Set Design: So, I haven't actually asked if I can use the HOSA room or the nurse area to even film in yet BUT, I am decently confident because one of the main HOSA teachers (Mrs. Clarke) was a chaperone on the DECA trip, and she may or may not remember me. If I am able to use the room, I would be so perfect for the set design and wouldn't have to worry about a thing for the hospital scenes. For the NBA draft scenes, everything should be fine if I just use Blake's house with his couch and everything, providing a lot more realistic place for someone to be drafted if at home. Also, for the basketball highlights, those should be fine if just shot at a court nearby, because I don't really need that many people there. I would want to shoot at night though, just for the cooler looks from the camera.




Thankfully there are no real props I will be using that I have to make, and a simple basketball will be used. Anyways, I am super excited to get started! I pick up the film equipment tomorrow and will let you know about my next steps! Look at the background of the blog to see some film equipment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!