Wednesday, March 8

Updates Before Filming

 Hello all!


Today is a fabulous Wednesday, March 8th, and I must admit I am starting to get a little worried about this project. 

On Monday, I drove to Shortcuts TV studio and picked up all the film equipment, and signed a contract saying I would give it back on the 13th. I am attaching the contract signed to show you the specific details. 

As you can see, I borrowed a tripod, Rode boom mic, Boom pole and Ronin S gimbal, as well as a XC10 camera. I specifically wanted to borrow the gimbal for the highlight reel I will be making to include in the NBA draft scene. It's very hard to shoot a sports scene while being close up to the action without having a shaky camera, but one of the best ways to achieve this is with the gimbal. I would use the gimbal to get up close with Blake as he is shooting the ball, and I would also be able to run and follow him as he's running. Additionally, I wanted to borrow the boom pole for scenes where the camera will not be as close to Blake. Also, since this movie will not have music playing the whole time, I would need actual good audio, achievable through the microphone. The boom pole would be used in scenes such as the hospital room, where the camera is a bit farther away for crisp audio, since I really want to give the effect of a very quiet and sterile hospital room. Here are some photos of me when I was picking up the equipment. They are currently sitting in my trunk, waiting for me to use them, which I will talk about next. 


The first picture is of the gimbal and camera I am borrowing, and the second picture is of the storage closet where all the electronics are stored. I also just wanted to answer this possible question real quick. Why am I using a professional camera instead of just my phone? First of all, I want this to be a great video, not just for AICE and Cambridge, but also for myself. I want to be proud of this, and I know I will be proud of higher quality content which would ultimately be a better camera.

On to Filming!

On Monday, I spoke to the HOSA teacher, as well as the nurse. The HOSA teacher (with the hospital beds in room) said the only possible time I could film in her room would be 4th period on Friday, which is fine for me since I have AICE Media AS, but for Blake it might be difficult. He has actual class, so he doesn't know if he'd be able to miss it so he is going to ask his teacher today. The nurse said I could film in her office, but the issue is that it doesn't look anything like a hospital bed. I'd actually rather film at my house than at the nurse's room. So as of right now, it looks like I will either be filming on Friday at the HOSA room, or at a later date. Also, since I only have the camera equipment until Monday, I have already planned to film the basketball scenes on Friday night at a local basketball court, and Blake will be there with some other friends that Blake can play against to make an awesome video. On Saturday, Blake will come over to my house, where we will film the NBA draft scenes, and then after that I will be editing everything together! 

Today's blog post was just me wanting to provide some updates on what's been going on, and how I plan to proceed in the future. I am a little behind schedule which is the reasoning for me being a little worried about the project, but as long as I'm able to film effectively and have no make-ups necessary,  I should be great. 

This is Blake by the way:


Thank you! See you all on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!