Sunday, March 26

3/26 - mental health day

 Mental health days, defined as really just a day of rest, a day where one gets to relax, is exactly what I will be doing today. I'm not going to work on my project, edit on the premiere, or think about the CCR. Rather, I am just going to talk to you, all my viewers. I have been feeling very stressed out and overwhelmed with work, college thoughts, DECA, and spring break. Mental health days can dramatically increase one's performance the following day, or later when working on the project, and that is exactly what I'm hoping for. Not to be burnt out! I also figured this was a better chance for you all to get to know me.

So, who am I? 

My name is Josh, an 11th grader at Cypress Bay High school, and I love to learn. As part of my desire to learn, I take lots of advanced classes at school including but not limited to AICE Business, AICE Global Perspectives, AP Environmental Science, Pre-Calculus, AICE Media Studies, and AP English Language. Despite the so called motivation brought by CollegeBoard and colleges to take hard classes, I do not give in, and rather take these hard classes because of my desire to learn. 

Apart from my desire to learn in school, I have a huge passion for business outside of school. I am very involved in the business club called DECA, and am currently the state's Executive Vice President, tasked with managing over 12,000 members. But apart from business, let's talk about my passion for film and tv production, since it more or less fits in with this class. 

And before you ask why I'm talking about this, it's because I think it's important for me to humanize myself and make myself more relatable to you, the readers. This will allow us to form a better bond, and to allow for mutual respect, as that we will understand that everyone is human, we all make mistakes. I have made some mistakes recently concerning my blog/film opening. I haven't truly been prioritizing it like I need to because I've been a little more focused on other events. However, this will not happen in the future. Next week is a very important week, and I will be 1000% focused on this project.

Anyways, back to my history in film and media. Growing up, I loved making YouTube videos, and I would record videos of myself playing video games and upload them to YouTube. (They are off now, but previously existed). Later on, I would begin to make vlogs of my daily life and post them on YouTube. I also make videos of product reviews and post those on YouTube. (I email companies and request free products in exchange for a promotional YouTube video). When I turned 15, my birthday gift was a year's subscription to Adobe Premiere Pro. I would also make vlogs for special trips I would go on in the summer or in DECA. Examples are below:


As you can see, I love editing and filming different projects. And, I don't want to lose that passion. There is a term in Psychology called overjustification. Overjustification is when external motivation overcomes internal motivation for certain topics. For example, a passion for film getting overrun by the desire to do well in school. Essentially, what I've been leading to is to say that my goal for this "mental health day" is to stop overjustification from occuring, and truly mantain my strong desire for film. 

Anyways, it is getting late, so I must go to bed for school tomorrow morning, but my whole point was to humanize myself to my readers, but also to get my internal motivation for film back. 

Before I end this blog, just so I have some more project-related data going on, I will give a brief schedule for the next week

Monday - edit film opening
Tuesday - Blog post about more dits
Wednesday - prepare for CCR
Thursday - Blog post about CCR
Friday - break day
Saturday & Sunday - Hardcore editing and finishing CCR

I hope everyone has a blessed day. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!