Friday, February 24

Group Discussion/Edits

 Hello and good afternoon to all of you fine and wonderful people. Today is a great day!!! Despite once again another lockdown yesterday after the ammunition for guns was found, I am fairly confident that nothing will happen today, and so far, I have been right

Anyways, today my teacher orchestrated a group discussion, where the class was split into groups and every individual spoke about their story ideas and was given advice from other classmates. I personally loved this idea. I was able to speak about my proposed idea and was given great advice on improving it. 


My group is pictured above

The first question I asked my group was where I should film the hospital scenes. Originally planning to film at my house in the white room with white beds, I was enlightened to hear new ideas. My groupmates gave me great ideas which were to film in either the HOSA room or the clinic. My school has a room with tons of hospital beds meant to basically show and educate students on how to become future nurses, and if I asked politely, I was told that I would be able to use the area for my film. To do this realistically, I need to plan everything out with my actors and have all the production equipment ready to film. Ideally, it would be best to film the other shots first just so I know how everything is working out. Overall, the idea is great, and I plan to implement it.



The other topic brought up to me was regarding my idea for the school shooting. My group members thought that if I were to seriously implement the ideas of the mass shootings, I should at least make it a main story point, or don't include it at all. They felt that it was just an afterthought and didn't really make sense with the whole story, since I was focused on the character development. Therefore, I proposed to make the whole idea of the anti-guns a lot more of a center point, as that is what really fueled the character development of Blake. The new proposal included having Blake represent the anti-gun movement in the NBA draft scene, and have the commentators talk about how he's changed and the impacts his injuries have had on him and his basketball skills. The group really liked this new idea and I plan to implement it with Blake for the draft scenes. 

\


An NBA player wearing a gun control shirt, to support the cause. 

By the way, today I reached out to Blake and asked if he would be in the video. He said yes! Now I need to just make the storyboards, and actually decide what shots I want to do for what parts of the video and then we're ready to shoot! 

Overall today was a very productive day; I was given great advice on where to shoot for my project, and confirmed with my actor that they would appear in my video! Well, hasta luego, see you tomorrow (or sunday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 I hope you enjoy it! Click here! Oh, and if you're bored, feel free to watch my other postings on YouTube!